Sunday, October 5, 2008

Classes with Jeni Calkins

I always enjoy working with Jeni Calkins from Studio Jeni. She is such an innovative and creative artist.



I couldn't wait to see what she had in store for us at this retreat.







We made papers. But not your ordinary papers. :)


Linda finished her gorgeous squishy book.

Pat and I are still working on finishing touches for our book projects. We'll post them a bit later.


We also worked with slump glass. We created pendant pieces using various art glass including some dichroic glass. This can be fired in the same kiln used for PMC (Precious Metal Clay).



Is this not incredible stuff!?!



I added one of my Jeni papers and some of my glass pieces to the front of my shrine.
The triangular glass is Midnight Art glass with Fantasy Film and Opals embossing enamel. It can fool the eye though. Fits right in with the "real thing".

3 comments:

Diane said...

Very beautiful & what a variety.

wwilloww said...

All of it beautiful!!! The papers are gorgeous...and so is your art glass!!! Thanks for sharing!! And gee I hope Tom is really goodlooking cuz he has some serious competition in Cheyene....LOL...Great photos!! Can't wait to see lots more!!
Hugs, Willow

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

WAHOO Zeb
I'm ssssooo jellous...I have wanted to know how to make dichro glass for ages and the papers are devine..it looks like fabric paper that I read about in Beryl Taylors mixed media explorations book....hhhmmm must give it a try.
hugs
Annette